Admission is open to any qualified applicant. No qualified person may be excluded from enrollment into the SpringHill Dental Assisting Academy based on age, race, gender, disability, or national origin.
Completed application to include (SpringHill Dental Assisting Academy Application Form):
1. Background check (must be willing to submit to a background check): Douglas County Sheriff, Background Check)
2. Personal statement: See application form
3. Payment of tuition in full (See Tuition)
4. The student will need to be CPR certified before going on his/her externship at a dental office. (National Safety Council – Green Cross, American Red Cross, American Heart Association)
5. Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) vaccination, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (TDAP), TB Skin test.
Proof of age 19 years or older is required: Nebraska Radiology Class requires you to be 19 years or older in order to take the class when eligible.
Proof of high school diploma or GED is required.
Students are encouraged to complete at least four hours of observation with a dental office as a way of introducing himself/herself to the dental assisting profession. If you have completed the observation please fill out the following form (SpringHill Dental Assisting Academy observation form).
Upon admission into the program you will be required to wear the following items.
White wipeable shoes and white socks